I wonder how many of you, like me, are always excited about what's around the corner? It's not that I am discontent - far from it - but there are so many things that I love, and just not enough time to fit everything in!
For that reason, I notice that my activities, likes and dislikes tend to be matched with the seasons. In the summer months, I want long, hot days and relaxation, light food and days out with my friends and family. I can't help but feel a little grumpy when the sun I so wish for finds itself hidden by the heavy clouds that are always lurking above our little island. This disappointment at lacklustre summers means that I often find myself getting excited about the first fall of leaves, and those bright, chilly days of autumn.
Even though we're still in August, I had to share with you my list of things that I'm excited about for autumn and winter:
1. Buying a Winter candle from The White Company, and filling our home with the festive scent of cinnamon, clove and orange.
2. Making rich, delicious stews that simmer for hours, topped with dumplings and eaten in large bowls in front of the TV.
3. Wearing the perfect berry-coloured lipstick.
4. Having my friends over for a retro games night, fuelled by mugs of mulled wine and slices of homemade pie.
5. Constructing outfits that involve a chic coat, sunglasses and gorgeous black leather boots.
The cooler months always conjure images of chic comfort, hence my current excitement, so please be sure to remind me of this when I am complaining about trudging to work in 5 inches of snow come December!!